Husband. Father. Coffee connoisseur. Ed Tech professional.
I have worked in Higher Education Technology in a variety of roles (see Resume) at both two year and four year institutions. Currently, I reside in San Antonio, TX working for a five member, individually accredited, community college district. I love working directly with faculty and students while working to alleviate technology roadblocks to benefit teaching and learning.
Applications & Software Experience
Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier), Android OS, Apple iOS, Apple Keynote, Banner SIS, Blackboard Collaborate, BioSig, Blackboard Learn LMS, Blackboard Mosaic, Camtasia, Concourse eSyllabus, Echo360, e-Portfolio Systems, Google Analytics, Google Apps, Kaltura, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, Respondus, Salesforce, Screensteps, ServiceNow, SoftChalk, Slack, Ticketing Systems, Trello, Windows OS, WordPress, Zoom
Awards & Presentations
- UNT Soaring Eagle award for Excellence in Customer Service (March 2009)
- UIW Mobile Application Demo – 2nd Annual UIW Tech Fair (April 2012)
- Build vs. Buy – Webinar hosted by Blackboard Mobile (June 2012)
- ROI of Blackboard Mobile – Blackboard World Presentation (July 2012)
- Mobility Matters – Blackboard Student Engagement Summit (August 2012)
- How to Manage your University’s Mobile Strategy – Webinar hosted by the American Marketing Association (June 2013)
- Making the Max of your Mobile Apps – Blackboard World Presentation (July 2013)
- Reaching the Sinners by Preaching the Blackboard Gospel – Texas Blackboard Users Group Presentation (October 2013)
- Implementing True Blended Learning – Blackboard Collaborate Now (October 2013)
- Respondus LockDown Browser: An Overview – EDUTech 2018 Roundtable Discussion (April 2018)
- Canvas Mobile Apps: Not Just for Students Anymore – InstructureCon Presentation (July 2018)
Ten years ago today I started working in San Antonio. Man it’s been a wild ride. Looking forward to what will happen in the next ten years.